The Best Car Rental Services
Do you need to rent a car for driving to the airport or for a short vacation? Car rental services come in handy at many situations. Whether you need roadside assistance for a vacation or when your car is at the repair shop, it is always safe to keep a list of trusted car rental services.
Before you hire the service, it is important to know whether the company is reliable, what the rates, whether they offer insurance package and more. The options out there are too many and that makes it confusing. Different car rental companies offer different benefits and deals. Here is a list of reviews on 7 car rental services which will give you a quick overview of each of them. Using the information given, you can prioritize your needs and choose the best car rental service for your present or future needs.
This is a leading car rental service which is available in 170 cities across the U.S, Canada, England, Spain and France. Its daily mileage limit is 180 and has a minimum age requirement of 18 years.
- It has a well-rounded mobile app which is easy to use. Changing the reservation, unlocking the doors or honking the horn can be done using the app.
- It has a wide network and provides opportunities in several cities across Europe and USA.
- The member benefits are great. You will be provided with a gas card and an insurance coverage of $1 million dollars.
- On reserving with Zipcar for 2 hours, you will get 180 miles for free.
- The annual fee is around $72 along with additional sign up fees. It may be a little expensive for non frequent customers.
- On booking with Zipcar, you have to return the car to the car rental shop. It does not provide one way trips.
Avis is a convenient car rental service which makes the user experience simple and cost-effective. It offers a wide array of cars, from basic cars to SUVs. If you want larger vans, Avis would be the best choice. Also, it is known to provide special perks like good parking spots and help with luggage to loyal customers.
- Avis provides a Roving Rapid Return system where the car rented in less than a minute. You only need to enter information in the computer and print the receipt. This helps greatly when you have a plane to catch.
- The details and information of all your trips can be put together in one place with the help of TripIt service offered by Avis.
- Adding another driving to the rental agreement with Avis is more expensive.
- For underage drivers who are below 25 years, the fee is about 25$ or more along with the basic rental fee.
Budget is one of the biggest car rental companies which is very well-known in this industry. It is relatively more expensive than other car rental services. However, it is available in locations nationwide and has more benefits.
- Its services are available in major towns , cities and airports. Its facilities are also available worldwide.
- When you make a reservation with Budget car rental services, you can save up to 35% of the daily rate. It offers discounts and great deals.
- Budget car rental services offer a wide range of vehicles to choose from. Depending on the compactness, number of people, make or feature, you can choose a suitable vehicle.
- Budget has a flexible mobile app which is efficient for booking, cancelling or changing reservations.
- If you return earlier than the scheduled time, you will be penalized and charged a fine.
- In order to add another driver, you need to pay $13 more.
Europcar is a popular car rental company which provides its services in Europe, and many countries across the globe. Its services are budget friendly.
- Europcar provides discounts and lucrative car rental deals from time to time. They differ from country to country.
- You can choose car from a wide range of vehicles. Whether you want a family sedan, a luxurious business car, or a truck for your job, you can book any.
- You have the option to rent a chauffeur driven car if you want to make a leisure trip. This will also save you from the hassle of returning the car.
- Europcar offers flexible car rental solutions that meet the convenience of customers.
- The insurance for damage coverage may not meet the needs, as many reviews have stated.
- Additional charges are applied for adding a new driver to the agreement.
Carrentals provides road assistance through convenient, flexible and cost-efficient car rental services. It enjoys a customer base of 5 million and it is growing.
- It offers car rental services at low prices.
- You can choose from a whole host of cars that vary in size, model, capacity and features.
- Its rental services are available in various locations in the US and worldwide.
- It provides rewards to loyal customers. You can get the best deals, offers and discounts when you book in advance.
- Adding another driver can cost you extra money.
- Some customer reviews reveal that CarRentals hikes up the charges even after confirmation before the ride.
Hertz is one of the most reputed and trusted car rental services in the industry which provides its services worldwide. They enjoy a top spot because of the versatile services and comprehensive rental plans. It is a reliable company where gives you the best deals when it comes to car rentals.
- It is available in many countries worldwide. You can rent hertz cars from the major towns, cities and airports. The website has full details about the locations.
- Prior to your arrival, you can complete all the paperwork by checking in online. This is convenient especially when you are in a hurry or want to avoid waiting in lines.
- Hertz provides on-demand car rental services 24/7. Therefore, whenever you are in need, you can count on their services.
- If you sign up for Hertz rewards program, you will be entitled to several rewards like free rental days, discounts and customized billing.
- If you want to add a driver to your rental agreement with hertz, you need to pay an additional charge of $13.
RentalCars is a company which provides car rental services in many countries throughout the world. It is cheaper than most car rental companies and its has a lenient age requirement.
- Its services are relatively cheaper than most car rental services.
You need not wait in lines while returning the car back.
Its services extend too many countries all over the world. Some of the most popular destinations are Dubai, San Francisco, Bangkok, Edinburgh.
The mobile app is easy to use and covers all important functionalities. It also stores information that you may need to provide over and over again if you travel frequently.
It has a lenient age requirement for renting a car which starts from 21 up to 70 years.
- Many customer reviews reveal that this company has charged them more than what was initially determined. Therefore, trust might be an issue.